MsConfig in simple form “Microsoft System Configuration” is a widely used tool in Windows. You usually use this command to configure the startup settings. If you want to change the configuration of the startup, you can use this command to do so. Let’s say! There are some programs you want to start when the operating system starts up.
For this purpose, you need to change the settings of the Startup by accessing MsConfig in Windows. In other versions of Windows such as Windows 7 and 10, there is the “Start” button and the users can go there to open MsConfig, but in Windows 8, there is no Start button, and thus, the users of Windows 8 remain in a baffling situation. Moreover, some users are not well-versed how they can open it. For them, I am going to discuss a very easy method of using this command and opening MsConfig. You can use this method not only in Windows 8 but also in Windows 8.1 and 10.
Related post: How To Fix “Your DNS Server Might Be Unavailable” Error.
Use “Run” Dialogue Box
You can access “MsConfig” by using the “Run” dialogue box. You need to follow the instructions given below to perform this task.
- Just press the combination of “Windows” + “R” keys on the keyboard. You will see “Run” dialogue box appearing on your desktop.
- Now type here “msconfig” and press “Enter” key.
- That’s all. You will see its windows and now go ahead to modify your desired settings accordingly.
Use “Search” Tool
If you do not want to use the above-discussed method to access MSConfig, you can use the Search tool in this context. Follow the steps given below.
- You need to go to the Desktop and move the cursor of your mouse at the bottom right corner of the screen and wait until the Charms bar with a few useful tools appears.
- Here, you will see an icon of Magnifying Glass” that is actually the “Search” tool. You need to click on it.
- As the “Search” window appears on the screen, type here “msconfig” and press the “Enter” key.
- In the left pane of the “Search” window, there will appear your desired result. You should double click on it to move ahead.
- Now the window of the System Configuration appears on the screen where you can change the General, Boot and Startup settings according to your preferences.
If you “Enable” the Administrative Tools in Windows 8, the MsConfig will appear in the “Start” Windows. Now you can access it from there.